Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

QlikView Task running "forever" in 11SR1

Colleagues,

We´ve upgrated one of our production servers to 11SR1.

Our server is a Win2003R2 Standard Edition x64 with SP2 installed.

Since then, we are experiecing a weird issue: some tasks seems to be "running" into QEMC even though the task has aborted.

Our QDS log shows some lines like:

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=5592

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: The task "Cargas/Gera QVD - Cronogramas.qvw" failed. Exception:

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: Task failed with exception

(2012-05-24 09:04:08) Error: Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

When this occur I have to restart the Distribution Service, but as the problem became more frequent I´ve downgraded to version 10SR4.

Any of you have an idea about what´s happening?

Best Regards

14 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Thanks for suggestion.

But this issue was not happening when I used test server lincense on server,this started happening only when I applied main lincense on the server. Is it same for you too?

Its weird but i think i have to restart the services.

Anyways I will take up this issue with QlikTech Support.

Cheers,

Amay

atismaye
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the very same issue.

Distribution Server does (sometimes) get out of sync with QMC (running on antother machine).

The issue ... "Tasks" in QMC show "running", although the Logfile says "succeeded"/"failed" already and the task already is terminated.

The QMC stays out of synch until we restart the Distribution Service, which is not an acceptable workaround.

It does not help to restart the QMC-Service to resync the task-status unfortunately.

Any furthter suggestions?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

We´re planning a "fresh" install this weekend. I´ll keep you informed

Best Regards

Atenciosamente,

Cléver Anjos

QlikView Team

clever@swb.com.br

QlikView Certified Designer

9992-8765 / 3291-6618

(Embedded image moved to file:

pic47653.gif)SWB

• SWB Soluções Integradas Ltda | Av. Cesário Alvim, 2258 - CEP: 38400-696

- Uberlândia-MG Brasil - www.swb.com.br

As informações contidas neste e-mail e quaisquer documentos nele anexados

podem ser particulares e são propriedade confidencial da SWB Soluções

Integradas. Se você não for o destinatário ou se recebeu esta mensagem

irregularmente ou por erro, por favor, apague o e-mail e avise o

remetente o mais rápido possível. Este e-mail não pode ser divulgado,

armazenado, utilizado, publicado ou copiado por qualquer um que não o(s)

seu(s) destinatário(s).

jesper_bagge
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I've also experienced taskt that shows as "running" in the QMC in QV11SR1.

This thread mentions that it could be a bug in QV11: http://community.qlik.com/thread/51992

Bug ID is 46575.

Regards

Jesper

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Hello ALL,

We´ve done a OS reinstall + QVS Fresh Install and problem seems to be solved.

3 days without "Highlander tasks"