Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView upgradation from 10 to 11

Hi,

We are in the process of QlikView server up-gradation. I have one doubt, do we need to install QV 11 Desktop separately on the server machine or it is the part of QV 11 server installer.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QV11 Desktop is not part of the server installation package.

That being said, you don't necessarily need to install the desktop edition on the server in order to have QlikView server up and running.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

If I want to open the QVW file on server itself and do some minor alteration, in this scenario is it possible without QV desktop availability on server machine.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, you will need the desktop version for that.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Does Qlikview desktop 11 also come as lincensed version?? I have installed the QV 11 desktop on the server itself but its showing as personal edition and asking for the lincense key. And on providing the existing key its not accepting it.

what should i do now.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to lease a license from the server. So, open QV and under File, choose "Open in server"  up top put in 127.0.0.1 and hit the connect button. Open one of the documents you see there and it should lease a license from the server.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.