cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 QMC : Users are not Showing adding License

Hi,

I would like to ask your help , when adding license on Qlikview 11 thru System -> Licenses -> Client Access Licenses (CAL's). When clicking manage users there is no users displayed.

I am trying to add a license to another user.

Qlikview License.PNG

Thanks

Kevine

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QMC User selection dialog doesn't display any users by default, because for example for multiple very large directories it would take the dialog an awful lot of time just to get filled.

You'll have to search for the user you want to add. If you know the account name, enter it in the "Search for Users and Groups" field and click the magnifier icon. If you know only part of the account or even the users name, enter what you know in the search field but add a wildcard (star) at the front or the back or both.

If your directories are huge, you can first focus on a particular directory by selecting the corresponding DSC (the Directory Service Connector reference you created in the DSC configuration) from the listbox at the top left.

Clicking the magnifier icon will cause the QMC to search for this (part of an) account in the directory specified. If it finds any matches, they will be listed in the large box on the left.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The QMC User selection dialog doesn't display any users by default, because for example for multiple very large directories it would take the dialog an awful lot of time just to get filled.

You'll have to search for the user you want to add. If you know the account name, enter it in the "Search for Users and Groups" field and click the magnifier icon. If you know only part of the account or even the users name, enter what you know in the search field but add a wildcard (star) at the front or the back or both.

If your directories are huge, you can first focus on a particular directory by selecting the corresponding DSC (the Directory Service Connector reference you created in the DSC configuration) from the listbox at the top left.

Clicking the magnifier icon will cause the QMC to search for this (part of an) account in the directory specified. If it finds any matches, they will be listed in the large box on the left.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Did a restart of my services, and searched for the specific user and it worked.

Thanks for your assistance on this!

Regards,

Kevine

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

My pleasure.

Enjoy QlikView and the Qlik Community!