cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Bookmarks related

I amusing a Qlikview 10.0 SR3 version. I want bookmarks to be created in server which would be accessible by any user.

Is this aviable in the above mentioned version or is it a known bug that its not working?

Please update me if there is any other way that bookmarks can be created in this version?

And another query is if already existing bookmarks were created in Version 9.0 and after the upgradation has happened can me change or modify those bookmarks???

Thanks in Advance

Subin Thomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All,

All the setttings were right.

Actually the client created bookmarks but for him it was always visible in his personal list and not in the 'Shared Bookmarks' list and so it was an issue.

Always please make a not that

The bookmarks can be created and shared across the users by checking on "Share Bookmarks with other users".

If your the creator of the Bookmark it would be in your My Bookmark list but for others it would be in the List of Shared Bookmarks.

So always the bookmark would be in your list 'My Bookmarks' as well as for others in the list of 'Shared Server Bookmarks'.

To Edit/Modify the existing reports the creator of the bookmarks only can make the changes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Have you verified that "Allow Server Bookmarks" is checked on the tab "Document Properties|Server for each qvw you wish to allow server bookmarks?

AND

Have you verified that "Allow server objects" is checked on the tab "System|Qlikview Servers|[your servername]|Documents"?

You should be able to both see and change the QV9 bookmarksafter upgrading to QV10.

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dave,

Yup all the options under Document Properties| Server | Allow Server Bookmarks/Allow Server Reports/ Allow Server Objects are selected for the report.

But still they user can create and edit the already existing bookmarks for the report after the upgrade.

Could you suggest what else can i do for making it work?

subin6600
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All,

All the setttings were right.

Actually the client created bookmarks but for him it was always visible in his personal list and not in the 'Shared Bookmarks' list and so it was an issue.

Always please make a not that

The bookmarks can be created and shared across the users by checking on "Share Bookmarks with other users".

If your the creator of the Bookmark it would be in your My Bookmark list but for others it would be in the List of Shared Bookmarks.

So always the bookmark would be in your list 'My Bookmarks' as well as for others in the list of 'Shared Server Bookmarks'.

To Edit/Modify the existing reports the creator of the bookmarks only can make the changes.

Not applicable

we r using Full browser version to view the application in the accesspoint.

So, Where can I find the My bookmarks and Shared Server Bookmarks?

Version:Qlikview11

Regards,

Kabilan K.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Right Click in a blank area and go to Repository. You will find them there.

qv11  SR2-2013-04-24-09-58-32.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

Thank U.

I want to know one more thing.

As they r mentioned in Qliview reference manual, server document has five bookmark(page 127)

[The Bookmarks dialog can be opened by clicking More... in the Bookmarks menu. It is divided into two

tabs (local documents) or five tabs (server documents), one for document bookmarks, one for user bookmarks,

one for the personal server bookmarks (server documents only), one for other users' shared bookmarks (server

documents only) and one for temporary bookmarks (server documents only). For more information about different

types of bookmarks]

So, I have opened the Local doc and server doc in a local qlikview desktop, but I can see the two bookmark.

1. document bookmark

2. user bookmark (I'm not able to understand this,please explain)

1. Where can find that five bookmarks(Server bookmark and Shared bookmark)?(because i want to import/export Server bookmark)?

2. Is there any way to Import/exprot the server book mark for the another user in full browser version?

3. can we do Import/export bookmark in Internet pulgin client?

Regards,

Kabilan K.