Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obriened83
Creator
Creator

Qlikview Server Downgrade 11 to 10

Hi

I was wondering if someone could steer me in the right direction in how to successfully downgrade our Qlikview Server

from Qlikview Server version 11 SR2 to Qlikview Server version 10 SR4.

Any help on this would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Eamonn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

We successfully rolled back the Qlikview Server from 11 SR2 to 10 SR4. The rollback was straight forward with no complications. Please note that all your META files need to be deleted after you have completed the Rollback.

Without doing so you will get error messages when trying to schedule tasks. If you have any queries I would be more than happy to help. Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Eamonn

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The only way is uninstalling 11 and re-install 10 ... it should be enough

obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Alexandros

Thanks for getting back to me. What will happen to the QVPR database if you rollback? Will all Task schedules remain intact on the QEMC management console?

Cheers

Eamonn

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Eamonn,

Can guarantee that you will not have issues with the QVPR. If there is a backup folder you can look to see if you have a backup that was before the upgrade. Also, why would you move to SR4 when SR6 is out? I don't think if you have issues support will be able to help you out till you are on SR6.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Bill

Thanks for getting back to me. The reason why we are rolling back to QlikView 10 SR4 is because that is the version we have currently installed on our Qlikview Production Server. We currently have QlikView 11 SR2 installed on our Test\DR Server. Our plan is to have the same version of Qlikview on our Test Server so that a Fail Over test can be completed before we proceed to upgrade the Qlikview Production Server to Qlikview 11 SR2.

Cheers

Eamonn

obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

We successfully rolled back the Qlikview Server from 11 SR2 to 10 SR4. The rollback was straight forward with no complications. Please note that all your META files need to be deleted after you have completed the Rollback.

Without doing so you will get error messages when trying to schedule tasks. If you have any queries I would be more than happy to help. Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Eamonn

Not applicable

Hello Eamonn,

I am hoping you can share your experience with me. Did you complete the upgrade from 10 to 11 after your Fail Over test?  And what is the Fail Over test?

I have a client on v10 and we are hoping to get them to upgrade to v11.   Did you have any issues with the upgrade and what benefits did you notice after the upgrade to 11?  I have read a bit of documentation but real world examples are for more convincing.

Thank you

obriened83
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Debbie,

Apologises for the late response, please find the answers to your queries below:

What is the Fail over test?

This was a test we carried out to see if our Live QlikView Server failed would we be
able to fall back to our Back Up QlikView Server successfully.

Did you have any issues with the upgrade and what benefits did you notice after the
upgrade to 11?

We had no issues with the upgrade, but be sure that you have a backup of all your
scheduling tasks as if complications do occur you could lose all your Tasks.
Please find a link to the documentation on how to back up your QVPR database and
restore it (This applies to QlikView 11 as well). https://www.google.ie/#q=Migrating+QVPR+Database+From+1+Machine+To+Another

After the upgrade, we noticed the following:

• More stability on the QlikView Server.
  • A more user friendly interface on the QMS side. (QV11 Allows administrator to expand and
         contract Tasks schedules)

Please  note that although there were performance improvements, the upgrade was not a silver bullet that addressed all our performance issues. These issues were addressed through troubleshooting, optimization, etc.

I would recommend that you do upgrade to QlikView 11 SR6 as support for QlikView 10 will be no longer available over the next few months.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Eamonn