Partner - Creator

Qlikview Server

Hi

I am getting following error during starting of Qlikview Server 8.50.6261.5

Operation Failed:7

Can anyone help?

8 Replies
Not applicable

Did you already check if all the required services are running?

Best regards

Stefan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are several things that can cause this:

1. Invalid license key

2. When the license is validated it rights information to the registry. I have seen on a 2008 Server Domain policies will not allow this.

3. If the server has been running and you stop the server and delete the Document folder that the server is pointing too. The server can't find the *.pgo license files.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

One more possibility is that you don't have required rights to start/stop the QlikView Server. Go to Run --> Services.msc. Identify the service named ''QlikView Server'. Try starting/stopping it.
Not applicable

Thanks its working now

Not applicable

I'm having a similar problem, but trying to start Qlikview Server through Run--> Services.msc also errors.

Not applicable

In some cases, Qlikview Server is shown as Stopped but is still in memory.

You have to wait someseconds that Qvs.exe is removed from Server memory, then you should be able to restart it.

Rgds,

Sébastien

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

It could be also possible, that one has entered a QlikView Developer 8.5 Licence Key into QV Server, this happend to a customer of mine.

In that case you should enter the Path to the QV Servers Exe File in QVServerManagement Console and the reenter the original Licence Key.

Regards,

C.

Not applicable

Resolved, Qlikview hadn't renewed the license at their end.