Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Luminary
Luminary

Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

I have a Qlikview document with a scheduled task to republish every day, since the source document gets the updated data import.

I understand that script is stripped out of published documents; I'm fine with that.  But why is it losing all of its data on publication?

I've been going through the script, looking for outside dependencies, but I cannot find any.

Shouldn't a published document be static in terms of the data set that travels with it?

Thanks, all.    

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Cancel red alert.

I still don't know why that happened, but I just disabled the faulty task and created a new one.

All is well so far.

Thank you all for your advice.  I'm definitely still learning this server, and I know it will be useful.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Hi,

A reloaded and saved .qvw document should ofcourse show the latest data in the access point.

A simple test is reload your document manual, save it and check your access point.

Regards,

Gerrit

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Can you check the distribution task so its not set to reduce on any field or that the document has section access. Both of those things could give this behavior.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Tried this.  Same results, repeatedly. Thanks!

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Greg,

Are you absolutely sure you are looking at the same document?

Add some object fore test purpose and try again.

Regards,

Gerrit

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Hi Greg,

Does this happen on any QVW files you reloaded? or only with a certain file? Also, if somebody else logging in with another account, does he/she also experience the same thing?

If you only have 1 file now and it's behaving this way, I would suggest you created a new QVW and simply use an LOAD INLINE to create 1-2 dummy records. Place this file into your "Source Document" and reload/distribute it to yourself. Now see both on opening the file directly and via AccessPoint whether it shows  the same data or not.

On this file, do you have Section Access logic? If not, would you check as what Hampus suggested, which is check how "Reduce" option is being setup for that QVW (A screenshot would be nice so that others can see whether there's something is not set properly).

Cheers,

Anton

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

The 'Reduce' option is apparently selected, but I see way of turning it off.  I can only choose 'Field' or 'Bookmark', and even then it won't let me select a bookmark (I created one for 'all data' just to try it).

Section access is not configured.

How do I deactivate this 'reduce'?

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Screenshot:

reduce.jpg

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

100% sure, only because the same thought crossed my mind.

When I copy the file to the Access Point folder manually, it still strips the script but does not strip the data.

It's something in this task, and I have looked at every setting I can find.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Re: Qlikview document losing data when published to Access Point

Cancel red alert.

I still don't know why that happened, but I just disabled the faulty task and created a new one.

All is well so far.

Thank you all for your advice.  I'm definitely still learning this server, and I know it will be useful.

View solution in original post