Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Not applicable

Qlikview not loading document with full browser view. (Different errors per browser)

Hi,

We just updgraded Qlikview to SR2 and now if we view the web site in full browser mode it will not load the document.

In chrome, it partially loads the document. (some controls are loaded and others arent) and gives out this error


Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'offset' of undefined

This is what I get, the huge white gaps are supposed to be controls.

qv_screenshot.png

In IE 10 I get


HTML1524: Invalid DOCTYPE. The shortest valid doctype is "<!DOCTYPE html>".

opendoc.htm, line 1 character 1

SCRIPT5022: SyntaxError

QvAjax.js, line 25 character 33059

XML5617: Illegal XML character.

, line 1 character 25660

XML5617: Illegal XML character.

, line 1 character 25660

In qlikview desktop I get an error when I change to web view. Even thoguh I've read that this may have to do with IE 10. It still does not expain why it happens in chrome.

Any ideas or thought on how to go fix this?

UPDATE: When I put my document from the local back to the server and reload the document. Once it's done, everything is back to normal.....FOR A LITTLE WHILE....when I come back jusst minutes later (or do a reload)....it will give ouff the problems stated above (chrome). I don't know if this helps.....but it doesn't help me at all in figuring out the issue.

UPDATE: 6/10/2013: FOUND THE ISSUE!... and this might be an issue!!

I created a copy of the document and started deleting objects and changing back and forth into web view until the error did not appear. I found out it was a chart that was causing the problem I dug in deeper and I knew that I had 'Enable X-Axis Scrollbar' option. I took it off and again tried web view and got no errors.

To check for this I created a dummy document with a chart that had Enable X-Axis Scrollbar enabled and it also caused an error.

Might this be a bug?! I think this was working on earlier version.

ANYWAYS THIS FIXED IT FOR ME!

UPDATE: NOT IT DIDNT!. This is so random! it started again.

Message was edited by: mmartorell

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Qlikview not loading document with full browser view. (Different errors per browser)

FIXED: I limited the data that was being loaded to less years and that fixed the issue. Still don't know what caused it but I'm guessing a data was really off and would cause the browser to try to render a pont in some chart way into oblivion causing some error. I will try to pin point the issue but for now... IT WORKS.

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlikview not loading document with full browser view. (Different errors per browser)

Hi,

I would contact support and let them test the document to make see if it is a QVS issue or a document issue.

Bill

Not applicable

Re: Qlikview not loading document with full browser view. (Different errors per browser)

FIXED: I limited the data that was being loaded to less years and that fixed the issue. Still don't know what caused it but I'm guessing a data was really off and would cause the browser to try to render a pont in some chart way into oblivion causing some error. I will try to pin point the issue but for now... IT WORKS.

Community Browser