Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server performance issue advise!

Dear QV server gurus,

One of our clients has a Qlikview server that fails every 3-4 days.

CPU: Xeon dual core processor

RAM: 8GB.

The Qlikview server and management services keep locking up (i.e) they seem to be running however, the access point/ management console do not load.

The only solution has been to restart the services every 3-4 days.

Having checked through the logs, we get several different error messages. Please see two of them below:

An unexpected error occurred upon changed event of cluster notification file system watcher. Exception=System.IO.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

1)  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastWriteTimeUtc()

at System.IO.FileSystemInfo.get_LastWriteTime()

at QDSMain.Clustering.ClusterNotification.Watcher_Changed(Object sender, FileSystemEventArgs e)

2) Faulting application name: QVS.exe, version: 11.20.11643.0, time stamp: 0x50c0e134

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000004e4b4

Faulting process id: 0x1650

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce41a4b4412cc9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QVS.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 5369188b-adac-11e2-8bf4-005056a8007c

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To start I would look at increase the ram in the machine. RAM: 8GB is not a lot of memory. I have 32GB in my Laptop and have issue at times with running some documents.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Can anyone else please suggest other things to try?

The memory has now been upped to 16GB. Still fails.

Not applicable
Author

Server performance much better after upgrading to QV 11 SR2.

Not applicable
Author

Performance might be better but we as sysadmins are at the mercy of any developer that decides to build some crazy logic into his dashboard. Qlikview is not very resilient and will usually use 100% memory and bring the server down with it. Adding more memory is the default answer here but it doesn't help fix the problem, only masquerades it for a bit longer. We've server with 512GB of memory, how much should be added? Unanswered question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've had issues with periodic failure with qvs.exe.

We have a very large document that most of our team uses and I've found that over time not all RAM is released after sessions expire. This is particularly important during the load.

I have a scheduled task that runs on our server daily at 4:00 AM (well before our daily load and well after people are done with the document).

net stop qlikviewserver

timeout /t 10 /nobreak

net start qlikviewserver

This has solved our intermittent failures.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To be fair, if we were using publisher where another system did the load and the server only needed to make the documents available to the users, this would probably be a non-issue.