Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvanduppen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview server returns an error - failed to distribute QVS

Hi,

Is there someone who can help me with following error? The Qlik Server returns this error during the automatic reload of the application. The error does not occur when I reboot the Qlik Server and perform a manual reload.

Thanks in advance

-----------------------------------------

17/09/2019 7:10:31ErrorThe QlikView Server returned a error

17/09/2019 7:10:31ErrorQVS Distribution failed to distribute to QVS

17/09/2019 7:10:31ErrorDistribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

17/09/2019 7:10:34ErrorThe task "xx\App.qvw" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Labels (3)
4 Replies
wandererroch
Contributor III
Contributor III

You'll get a more informative error message if you use the Generate Logfile option in the document properties of the application that is failing.  Once it runs and fails you can look at the resulting log file and usually the problem is clearer.

Hope this helps...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @mvanduppen,

What is the version of QlikView Server? I assume you are also running Publisher? Can you post the full task log of the failed task? If you're running Publisher, typically the cause of the below errors is a communication timeout with QVS.

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings: 0, Errors: 2

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
mvanduppen
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Thanks for your answer. 

The Qlikview Server version is 11.20.13206.0. Yes, we are also running the Publisher. I attached to full task log of the failed task.

Do you have an idea how to solve the communication timeout with QVS? 

Kind Regards,

Michiel

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Michiel, thanks for the full log, that was very helpful, apologies for the delay in getting to look it over.  The reload runs fine and the distribution appears to complete, but then it fails, and the only thing of which I can think is something may be locking the associated .meta file to the qvw as that is the last thing before the error is us trying to update the meta data, which is the .meta file.  I would ensure anti-virus or any other processes are NOT actively scanning things etc. on both the Publisher and QVServer related to the Qlik directories.  That is about the best I have with the log, and by the way, the script/document log is not going to be of any use on this one, as the reload is running perfectly, it is the distribution that is failing, and that is not really true either in that I can see it appears to complete.  Shout if this does not make any sense, but hopefully you may be able to see that something might be trying to scan the QVW or the .meta file etc. and if so, set an exclusion on that, and I think that should alleviate the issue.

You are running a quite old release in the 11.20 track as well, it is 3 years old now, you may want to consider moving to one of the newer tracks or at least the SR19 release of 11.20, as there is security vulnerability in the release you are running as well:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/QlikView-and-Qlik-Sense-Important-Security-F...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.