Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview webserver or Qlikview Settings service

Hello,

I re-installed my Qlikview server (Version 11.20.12451.0), I can start all the services but I cannot start qlikview webserver service and qlikview settings service at the same time, I can only start one or the other.

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

That is correct. If you are using QVWS you don't need the setting service. The Setting Service is use when you are using IIS. Best to disable it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

That is correct. If you are using QVWS you don't need the setting service. The Setting Service is use when you are using IIS. Best to disable it.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply,

but if I don't start the two services I always have QVWS@MyServer Disconnected Status in the QVMC.

Zakaria,QVWS.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Just because it says QVWS@fmo15g doesn't mean you are running QVWS.   That is the name that is applied in the QMC (see below) You can name this anything you want.

2.png

When you did the install did you select the IIS option?

3.png

The Setting Service is only used with IIS.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes I selected the IIS option, QlikView Server Installation Step by Step.

Thanks for your explanations.

regards,

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Then you don't run the QlikView webserver.

Bill