Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Question on license_allocation_xml

Hi,

our QlikViewServer is set to generate an xml with the data on license_allocation, same as the .pgo file. In that file, however, there are duplicates. So the association of an additional information - which team the holder of a licence belongs to - does not work.

The issue is, there can be duplicates in the AD - whatever kind of table that actually is - with only one active.

<=> The QlikView_license_allocation dialog, afaIk, pulls the names from the AD, no?
        (I'm just about to test whether the duplicates are there, I've taken a licence from one person I know to be duplicated in the resulting
         .xml file and I will reassign it to him and see) - well, no, that dialog does not show me the duplicate;

=> Can it be that that .xml file is not actually overwritten, but only appended to and thus it contains outdated names?

=> What triggers that .xml file to be written?
`     (knowing that, I could have it deleted, thus removing the outdated names)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

They may have two license because they have leased a license from two different machines. Like their local machine and maybe on the server where they open a document with the desktop client..

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I am quite sure they have only the licenses that I have given to them. That is not the issue.

The issue is definitely duplicate names. That's why I asked what triggers QlikViewServer to generate this pgo (or .xml) file?

I have already confirmed that the dialog for assigning licenses does not show duplicates - only one of the two (in those two examples I have tested) - so I guess there are old names in the xml which are not pulled from the AD - although they are there, only they are inactive - that dialog recognizes that, so I guess that wouldn't end up in a fresh xml file.

Best regards,

DataNibbler