cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Questions regarding converting .Shared files to .TShared_clean

I have uppgraded a QV 11 environment to QV 12 Nov 2018 and noted that the Shared files format has changed. To upgrade the Shared files I have followed the  steps in the QV Help ("Example 4: Changing output format") and the Shared files are now converted to TShared_cleaned format. 

Q: The QV Help states increased stability for the new files but for a small to medium sized environment is it recommended to uppgrade the  Shared files or are the benefits minor?

Q: Should i remove (move to backup folder) the old Shared files from the public folder(s) once the conversion is completed? Or will the QV 12 server automatically use the TShared_cleaned files instead of Shared files if the new files exists in the public folder?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

This here (kb 000048615) might help answer some of those questions in more details.

Though in short:

Answer 1: It's more of a question on the size of the .shared file and infrastructure. No "one size / answer" fits all can be given here, though a best practice is documented in the article linked above. Keep in mind that you do not have to swap all of them to tshared.

Anwser 2: Backing up the old files is of course a good idea. But note that the TShared_clean files will not be used automatically. You need to rename them (again, see article above).

I hope this helped a little.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

This here (kb 000048615) might help answer some of those questions in more details.

Though in short:

Answer 1: It's more of a question on the size of the .shared file and infrastructure. No "one size / answer" fits all can be given here, though a best practice is documented in the article linked above. Keep in mind that you do not have to swap all of them to tshared.

Anwser 2: Backing up the old files is of course a good idea. But note that the TShared_clean files will not be used automatically. You need to rename them (again, see article above).

I hope this helped a little.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Great answer!

Just to be clear for future reference if the KB article is not accessible: 

The article states that the resulting .TShared_clean should be renamed to .TShared