Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braham
Creator
Creator

Queued jobs

Morning All

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on a problem that has recently surfaced. We start our daily builds at 5 am every day. There are a number of jobs scheduled to run from 5 to about 8 every day. Some are scheduled to run concurrently, while others are scheduled to run by themselves. Many of the job overlap. Since about 4 days ago some of the jobs do not run when scheduled. They run up to about 30 minutes later than scheduled. I saw one job this morning that was 'queued'. While it was queued there was only 1 other job running. The system is configured to run 6 parallel jobs. Our system has 12 cores and 132 G/Bytes of memory.

Some assistance on where to go and look to find the problem will be appreciated. I have looked at the server log file, but there do not seem to be any errors logged.

Thanks

Braham

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Braham,

Hey. The task log didn't have as much information as I hoped it would. Could you also post the QDS root log & LoadBalancer log for yesterday as well? The default location for these logs are %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and have a naming convention of "Root_date.txt" & "LoadBalancer_date.txt". Hopefully they will have more information.

FYI - The default thresholds for Queued status are 75% CPU usage and 90% memory usage. It is possible to configure the thresholds which trigger the "Queued" status in the QMC in %Program Files%\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file

The default values are:

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75" />
<!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90" />

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Braham,

Can you please post the Task log of the failed/delayed task? It would be really helpful to see what is written in the log.

Thanks.

- Chip

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chip

Will do tomorrow when I get access to the log.

Regards

Braham

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chip

Please find attached the log file.

Regards

Braham

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Braham,

Hey. The task log didn't have as much information as I hoped it would. Could you also post the QDS root log & LoadBalancer log for yesterday as well? The default location for these logs are %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and have a naming convention of "Root_date.txt" & "LoadBalancer_date.txt". Hopefully they will have more information.

FYI - The default thresholds for Queued status are 75% CPU usage and 90% memory usage. It is possible to configure the thresholds which trigger the "Queued" status in the QMC in %Program Files%\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file

The default values are:

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75" />
<!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
<add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90" />

-Chip

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chip

Please find attached the requested files.

Regards

Braham

braham
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Chip

I monitored the system this morning during the builds. I think the issue is the memory threshold. I increase SQL's memory allocation during the evening (as we build tables in SQL during that time). The one build that occurs at the same time as the SQL loads is the one that pauses. It starts when the SQL releases some of its allocated memory.

Thanks for the input.

Braham

Nona96
Contributor
Contributor

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@Nona96,

I don't understand your statement/question. Do you have an issue with QlikView Publisher tasks queuing? 

If so, suggest you start a new thread as this one is marked resolve and closed for 2 years now.