Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
periclesgt
Contributor
Contributor

Qv app Reload Time Doubled up out of nowhere (QMC showing double reload time)

We just upgraded to QlikView 12, everything was going ok and then out of nowhere  our QV apps (Qlikview 12) doubled up the reload time. we have looked but so far no luck finding the Root Cause.  

The issue started happening 12:01 AM July 17th 

4 Replies
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

My team faced similar thing only for us it was more severe. Time more than doubled for us. We never found the cause of an the issue but noticed that the apps seemed to refresh at normal time, but when the distribution of apps to users began that's when the reload time ballooned. Restarting QlikView Distribution Service on the server solved the issue, but it came back few weeks later. We restarted QlikView Distribution Service again and the problem went away again.

Check app's Task Log in QMC and see if the delay is happening at when document distribution begins. If it does, try restarting the distribution service.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

What version have you upgraded from and has the change in performance between observed immediately after that?

QlikView 11 and 12: Performance difference when reloading QVDs due to column based and row based for... might be of interest in that case.

If the opening of the document takes longer, Large applications are taking time to open after Qlikview 12 upgrade (kb 000053683) could offer more insight. 

To get more clarity on where the slow down comes from, you can compare two script logs from before and after the change and scan for the operation (or operations) that now take longer. 

Kind Regards, 

Sonja 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Josh_Berg_Support

What's important to figure out here is if the task is taking longer on the QVW reload or the distribution portion of the task.  I would take a look at the document log (if enabled) and compare it to a previous reload to see if that's where things are taking longer.  Is Qlikview now pulling more data compared to before the upgrade?  If everything looks fine there, I'd look at the task log and see if the distribution portion is taking longer.  Are you distributing to more places or people compared to before the Qlikview upgrade?

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Below is an article link regarding Document/Script logging, this is what you are going to want to be looking at to determine what in the Reload part is taking longer, if things are still the same there, then if you are doing a distribution, check that portion of the Task log to see if that is what has increased.  

Document/Script Log enablement

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.