Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QvS 11 tunnelling issue with IIS using IE-Plugin

Dear All,

I have installed QVS 11 SR1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (X64) with IIS7.I have registered the qvstunnel.dll  by mentioning the following in IIS

(IIS > ISAPI and CGI Restrictions > Add...), restart IIS

But I am getting the following Tunnel Error while opening the document on Access point  using IE PLugin.

"qvp://SERVER/Document.qvw?iis_authenticate=96D27C0FC41F716591E85B6319CC1848721890EA&tunneler=https%3A//ADRESSLINK/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3Dlocalhost couldnot be opened"

Next, In command prompt (Start>Programs>CMD, right click, select run as Administrator),  I have done the following

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config "Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" "/commit:Default Web Site/Scripts" /section:handlers /accessPolicy:Read,Script,Execute

Message Responded:

Applied configuration changes to section "system.webServer/handlers" for "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts/QvsTunnel.dll" at configuration commit path "MACHINE/WEBROOT/APPHOST/Default Web Site/Scripts"

After all the above steps still I am getting the above tunnel error.

I have attached the exact error meassage as well, please refer the attached image.

Appreciate if anyone can suggests what exactly need to be done to resolve the above tunnel error issue ?

Thanks,

Kumar

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you checked the config.xml file? (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml)
There are some configuration options in there related to the tunnel.

I guess you are testing from the browser on the server since it says "localhost" in the error message. If not that might be a related to your error.

I got the same error message as you. But my problem was fixed by allowing the qvstunnel.dll in the isapi/cgi restrictions.

Not applicable
Author

Thomas,

Take a look at the attached, it provides step by step instructions, maybe you have missed a step.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Ralph.