Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Not applicable

Qva.Modal.instance is null or not an object


I just upgraded my QlikView Server from v9 to v11. I foolishly thought that all that would be needed is to run the QV 11 installation files and it would automagically handle everything......quite apparently not.

I was running QV9 under IIS. I chose to install QV11 the same way....when prompted for a user, I apparently selected a different service user than what I had originally set up. After the install completed, I found that the QV access point page wouldn't load. I eventually discovered that I had to change the user on the Application Pool, then change the anonymous authentication user to my new user and the site loaded....well only sort of.

When my access point loaded, it would only load the header information with a javascript error. I soon realized after some digging online that the virtual directory locations for QvAjaxZfc and QvPlugin have changed........and the new directory C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewPlugin did not exist on my computer. I fired up the installer and had to choose a custom install to get this directory to be installed on the server.

Now my current issue is that the QV Access point loads with the header information but that's as far as it gets. I get a javascript error:

'Qva.Modal.instance' is null or not an object

QvAjax.js    Line: 25  Char: 21388

Code: 0

URI: http://localhost:3335/QvAjaxZfc/htc/QvAjax.js

I would really appreciate someone helping me out. I wish I had known this would have been such an ordeal.....I'd have stuck with QV9!



1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Qva.Modal.instance is null or not an object


Just wanted to post a follow up. I had another colleague of mine take a look and we may have resolved the issue.

1) I had ensured the Application Pool was running under .Net4 framework....but apparently it was still disabled under the ISAPI restictions.

2) We had to hack the file under QVWebServer\index.html

We added "new Qva.Modal();" before Qva.Start()

So now the documents seem to load and I'm guessing things are ok. I haven't noticed any ill effects as yet.

Am hoping some experts can point out why we've had to do this to get things to work...the change to the index.html file is what concerns me the most.



Community Browser