Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Registration dialog for QlikView?

Hi,

we are currently facing the issue that the QlikView server cannot access any network resources, except the directories that we have established on the QlikView Server itself.

I have found, in the manual on page (41 (in the german version), "scheduler") a hint that might have the potential to help us, but we're not sure: We are not running a Batch job on the server to automatically reload apps, we have the QV_management_console for that.

I am not sure what the command example there actually does other than starting the "qv.exe" program file at 11h in interactive mode.

Can anybody help me here? We cannot be the first people facing that problem, can we?

thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The service account would have to be a domain user and have rights to access anything off the local box.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for the quick answer!

Actually we have one: We have some time ago requested the setting-up of a domain user, which we have now, and which has READ-ONLY access to all of the network resources necessary.

I will try logging on as this user, but I assume that when I do so, I will be able to access all those resources and reload QlikView apps drawing from there.

The hurdle we still have to overcome is just that "last mile", so to speak - we have to bring the QV server to identify itself as that user at the other server. I guess our IT will be able to help here. Still, if you can give me any hint rgd. where we have to do this, it will help.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Read only will not do you any good. If you are using publisher it may have to write files.

You might need to contact your account manager and see is they can get you a consultant in to help you.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

we are not currently using the publisher. It is not currently on the list because we have figured there is one thing it doesn't do and that is exactly what we'd want it to do.

We will have a consultant here next week, I hope we can get it done then.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

one more thing: You said Read-only would not suffice with the Publisher - but we don't have that and I guess we won't buy it.

Will Read-only access to all the directories suffice that way?

It is important because our QV server does not have access to the network resources - so we have to request that every time. It is quite possible to get Read-only access, but Read-Write is difficult

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Your consultant will be able to help you next week. However, if you are going to use the network storage for your QVW for the QlikView server to access, you will need read and write permissions. The reason is that QVS will create and .share files and . meta files for each QVW and will need to read and write to these files.

Bill

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks a lot! I know that these files are written - we talked to the consultant about that another time because they do some cluttering-up of the directory.

However, that should not be a problem in that instance - the qvw files are all on a dedicated QlikView server, as are the qvd files we use for some apps, so the user will need read-write access to that server structure only. It is only the underlying Excel lists that are on the network and nothing has to be written there, they just have to be loaded into the apps.

I have just requested that and I hope it will be done soon.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler