Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carolynkarl
Contributor
Contributor

Reload does not complete, just hangs after load *

Hi

I am having problems reloading a document that reads data from an Oracle database, and creates a qvd-file. The document was running ok in Publisher until Thursday last week. When I try to run the task, it starts, but hangs just a couple of Seconds after the relaod has started. When i og to task manager, I can see qvconnect64 running. When I stop the task, or the task goes to timeout, qvconnect64 is still hanging, and I have to end the process manually. The same thing happens if I try to reload the document manually using QV desktop. But if I try multiple times with QV desktop, it will suddenly reload ok once, and then NeXT time it would run forever. I tried both ODBC and OLE DB, both with the same result.

Does any one have any idea to why this is happening? The document was reloading ok before. It's not even a large document, it reloads in under 1 minute when its working.

15 Replies
its_anandrjs

Check the document log files for error or add the error mode statement in the load script at the begining

set ErrorMode=0;

For more check the error mode list to add it manually due to some reasons the QV application hangs see this modes also.

0No error
1General error
2Syntax error
3General ODBC error
4General OLE DB error
5General custom database error
6General XML error
7General HTML error
8File not found
9Database not found
10Table not found
11Field not found
12File has wrong format
13BIFF error
14BIFF error encrypted
15BIFF error unsupported version
16Semantic error
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Apart from what Anand have suggested.

Try to enable log file of document and see what does it shows.

Open your Qlikview document --> Document properties --> General tab --> Generate log file.

Regards

ASHFAQ

carolynkarl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

I've enabled the log file, but the log file shows no errors. Actually there is nothing in the log after "Load *"

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at the below location for your task.

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

Can you tell what does this log says.

did you find any error code?

Regards

ASHFAQ

its_anandrjs

Try to introduce the error mode in application and then reload app and check it is hangs or not and then check the error logs what written there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

this happened to me earlier. I had many tables which have many common columns, My data was such and then I just qualify *, that's it. It worked. If ur issue is similar then u can use this solution

HTH

Ravi N.

carolynkarl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

I tried this, since I am basically creating three identical tables with different where-statements. This did not solve my problem.

I've also upgraded both server and desktop to QlikView 11.20 SR7

carolynkarl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi

The log does not conaint any thing after "load * ".

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try by loading few records and introduce error mode.

Regards

ASHFAQ