Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Turnaround

Reload failing via QMC but works when running the QVW

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help me but let me explain, I have created a qvw that links to an AS/400 to gather data and create a qvd. When I run this manually, it works perfectly fine, however when I setup the scheduled task in QMC and then run it, it fails. 

The error doesn't seem to tell me much: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Root TaskID="b1fb2c36-0061-41f0-9ff9-f04ca3e551c1" OwnedByClusterID="1" RunID="f055da7e-af73-4cfd-a1e7-19191ffeed16" TaskManuallyAborted="False" TaskException="" PreviousRunHadErrors="True" InternalError="True" LastExecution="15/10/2019 12:40:03" StartedAt="15/10/2019 12:40:03" FinishedAt="15/10/2019 12:40:48" MaxRunTime="06:00:00" StartCount="3" HasWarnings="True" Status="Finished" Modified="2019-10-15T11:40:48.2640000Z">
  <LogFinalEntries>
    <LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="15/10/2019 12:40:05" Text="The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QLIKDATA\IP1 INSIGHT PACK 1.4\LOAD - TRN\QVD.Backorder.qvw. " />
    <LogFinalEntry Type="Error" Date="15/10/2019 12:40:06" Text="The task &quot;Insight Pack 1.4 Load - TRN/QVD.Backorder.qvw&quot; failed. Exception:&#xD;&#xA;QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---&gt; QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---&gt; QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QLIKDATA\IP1 INSIGHT PACK 1.4\LOAD - TRN\QVD.Backorder.qvw. &#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)&#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)&#xD;&#xA;   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)&#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)&#xD;&#xA;   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---&#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)&#xD;&#xA;   at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)" />
  </LogFinalEntries>
</Root>

(2019-10-15 12:40:06) Error: The task "Insight Pack 1.4 Load - TRN/QVD.Backorder.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\QLIKDATA\IP1 INSIGHT PACK 1.4\LOAD - TRN\QVD.Backorder.qvw.  ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult) ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Any ideas? I can't seem to figure out why it keeps failing. 

26 Replies
Ahmed_Turnaround
Author

@Vegar it's setup as user DSN but not System DSN. Shall I set it up in System DSN?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

as system DSN is needed, a user DSN is only for the actual user. 

As I wrote before, on a task, there is no user logged on.

Regards

Ahmed_Turnaround
Author

Will try now and report back.

Ahmed_Turnaround
Author

@Vegar It's working.  Added in SYSTEM DSN and changed the script to look at the new system user and it reloaded fine. Tasks in QMC work now too.

Thank you.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

That's great. Glad we could help you out.

-Vegar

VikasFMC
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing same problem with the version may2022 SR1 version. Can you please help us how we can add the System DNS in ODBC connections???

(2/8/2023 11:53:00 AM) Error: The task "QVD Loader v1.1.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=E:\FMCONE\Applications\QVD Loader v1.1.qvw. || at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.VerifyConditions(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.AbstractReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

(2/8/2023 11:53:00 AM) Information: Task Execute Duration=03:35:09.3698497

(2/8/2023 11:53:01 AM) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

(2/8/2023 11:53:01 AM) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state: "FinishedWithErrors"...

(2/8/2023 11:53:01 AM) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state: "FinishedWithErrors" - Completed

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @VikasFMC,

This thread is 3+ years old, so please open a new thread to address your issue. Based on the snippet showing the error of your task log, refer to Qlik Knowledgebase article The Source Document was NOT reloaded Successfully. If you Google "administer ODBC data sources" you'll find entries such as https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/administer-odbc-data-sources-b19f856b-5b9b-48c9-8b93-0748...

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!