Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload not showing

Hi

When I go to the management console I do not see the reload tab for a certain Document. All the other documents are displaying it.Capture.PNG

This is what I am seeing for this document, when the others there is no authorization tab, the Doc Info shifted to the left and Reload was showing.

Please let me know how I can schedule to reload this document that isnt displaying the reload tab.

THanks,

10 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Have you tried restarting the QMS & QDS services?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes and still the same thing.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What do you see if you go to Status tab - Tasks and for this specific document task when you edit can you see reload tab, triggers tab etc?

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I dont have the task there because i am unable to schedule it.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Would ensure that your servers running the QV services have 4.5.2 or 4.6 .NET running.

If this is a recent occurrence, what has recently changed within the environment? Any new Windows updates, etc.?

Suggest you open a support case with Qlik Support.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
tharanikannan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ,

Please goto "Source Documents" and schedule your task and reload. Now you are checking in "User Documents Tab".

After that click on your application , your will find edit option and there your can create a task and reload your application.

QMC reload.JPG

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I only have user documents, which is where i cannot see anything.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

OK so you don’t have a publisher license. Your QVS service will be used as reload engine. Did you restart your QVS service? Did you do a new server installation ?

qlikofba
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes The services were restart, We did move to a new server recently, but other documents were scheduled fine.