Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy_smith2005
Partner - Contributor III

Reload of MySql won't work from schedule within the Management Console

Hi,

I have successfully  set up a Qlik View document which loads from a MySQL database using an SQL select statement and can reload using the Qlik View client (64-bit) and manual reload.

However, I  want to set up auto reload onthe Server management console (64-bit) as I have with non-ODBC connected documents and it keeps failing.

I have tried configuring the Directory Services Connector (DSC) within the Server console and can't seem to get anywhere. The Help guide is not much use. Has anyone had any experience of doing this or a more comprehensive working aid?

Finally, I have tried not using the DSC and that doesn't work either, though others seem to say that this does work. I wish I could provide screen shots but unfortunately we are air-gapped from the Internet.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

When I need to read from a database I never used DSC

Just

the ODBC Admin to create the DSN

and the statement to connect in the .qvw

The Great ODBC Confusion

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

did you configure the odbc for your data sorurce (MySql)?

post the document log (the log the .qvw makes when it reloads)

the document log is in the same folder as the .qvw, samename.log

if there is no doc log you have to enable it in menu --> settings --> document properties --> general tab of your .qvw and reload

andy_smith2005
Author

Yes I have created a new data source using the ODBC management tool on Windows after obtaining the MySQL connector. This works fine using manual reload when the document is opened within the desktop application.

I have enabled logging both on the QMC and the document and can see it erroring out - keeps telling me that it cannot see the Data Source and no default driver specified - and yet it works fine when using a manual reload.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Yes I have created a new data source using the ODBC management tool on Windows after obtaining the MySQL connector. This works fine using manual reload when the document is opened within the desktop application.

So you can reload withou problem with QlikView desktop on the server.

Did you make an ODBC  system data source?

Maybe the server user of the reload (whe user of the distribution service) is different from the user you use in QlikView desktop reload and he cannot use the driver / odbc?

andy_smith2005
Author

Well it might be that though I doubt it. I really need to see an example configuration of both Database, structure and ODBC details in order to make sense of the fields asked for in the DSC / ODBC configuration area. At the moment I don't understand if I am filling in the fields correctly. For example it asks you for 'Groups' - what the hell is that? The database I am seeing doesn't have any. Also the Data Source appears to be the ODBC driver name - according to the Server help page - is that correct - who know...

What I don't understand is why I need to use the DSC at all.. The ODBC / MySQL connector is set within the QV document. All I am doing is scheduling a reload from the QMC as with other documents without ODBC connections

maxgro
MVP
MVP

When I need to read from a database I never used DSC

Just

the ODBC Admin to create the DSN

and the statement to connect in the .qvw

The Great ODBC Confusion

sunny_talwar

Thanks maxgro‌!! The link was helpful.

Best,

Sunny