Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramachandrank
Contributor
Contributor

Removing Qlikview dynamic via command line

Hi Team, We have a 20 nos dynamic license and users will access qlikview console often. Once it reacehd 20 nos then others will get a prompt as no cal license. Then I will go to console and remove unused cal license then others will be able to access.

Is there a way or script to remove Dynamic CAL license based on last used i.e., like older than a day so that each time I don't need to login console to remove unused dynamic cal?

I am completely new to this. Please assist.

Thanks,
Ram

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

search for QlikView power tools and you can use this qv-user-manager, you will get the syntax on search

View solution in original post

4 Replies
asinha1991
Creator III
Creator III

search for QlikView power tools and you can use this qv-user-manager, you will get the syntax on search

Vegar
MVP
MVP

This is not a technical answer but a kindly warning.

Be careful if you are trying to automate the transfer of DOC and/or USER Cals.  It could be in violation of the license agreement you have with Qlik. You should be aware of what's written in  the license agreement regarding license transfers. Unless you have a special custom agreement the following is implied:

Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is adue to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software.

I know that Qlik have fined  companies in violation of this agreement in the past.

Vegar

ramachandrank
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Yes we assign CAL once the user resigned the company. I want to get it accomplished via command line. I will check all possible options.

Thanks,

Ram