cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_r_de_wit
Contributor III
Contributor III

Removing unused (Doc)Cals using powertools

In QV11 we used to automatically clean DocCals not used for a certain period using the PowerTool QvsManager. This is especially useful when employees have left our company and  when employees no longer use certain QlikView dashboards due to moving to another department or change of their tasks.

Since we have been migrated to QV12 this PowerTool QvsManager no longer removes unused DocCals. I also tried the PowerTool QvUserManager11, but with the same result: technically running ok, but not removing any unused DocCal.

From the community I understood that removing unused DocCals with PowerTools is no longer supported as from QV12.

My question is if this PowerTool functionality will be supported in the near future. I see that there are multiple release of the PowerTools over the last months to get them compliant with QV12. Having over a hundred dashboards with more than a thousand users spread over 2 servers, one can imagine that removing unused DocCals via the Management Console is very inefficient.

Hoping for an encouraging answer 🙂

13 Replies
sonysree88
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

Is there any progress on this topic to remove unused cals in power tools of version QV 12.4

m_r_de_wit
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm not aware of any progress, I would like to know if there is 😉

neilmartin
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi All,

@StefanBackstrandjust responding to your question on the impact to our organisation/environment...

We have a small number of documents but thousands of users, as part of a volatile user population - in terms of employee turnover, rather than attitude or behaviour!  🙂

We need the ability to automatically allocate and recover Document CALs.  Obviously the allocation part is handled perfectly well in QMC, and we assumed that we'd be able to legitimately use the Powertools or QMS API directly to handle recovery.

I've got two different examples, modified slightly for our purposes, both of which originated from Qlik sources - but neither has any impact when the SaveDocumentMetaData call is made - no exceptions are thrown.

It would be really encouraging to hear that the plans to address this issue are taking shape!

Please do let me know if you need any further details.

Best Regards

Neil

Neil M
Qlik Luminary 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
Maayancha
Contributor
Contributor

@StefanBackstrand 

Please help ! i have installed version 1.3.2. The script is running correctly and shows that 40 licenses have been deleted. 

at qmc I see that nothing has changed - the amount of licenses used remains the same.

I tried different version of powertool... the run user is admin user,and   the qlikview version is  11.2.

Thank you