Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Renew of Leasing License

Hello all,

My question is about the license leasing for QV9 SR7. For some user who are leasing a license, they are not automatically open file form the server. And after the 30 days, the license expire.

For me the only way to renew the license is to click on File / Open in server and to connect to our QlikView server.

But, In the Qvs Reference Manual (IV.19.4, p. 217), we can read : "Each time QlikView is started, QlikView tries to contact the QlikView Server and renew the license lease.".

In the QlikView Reference Manual.pdf (III.10.10, p. 121), we can read : "QlikView License Lease Server (URL)

Here you may specify a URL pointing to your QlikView License Lease Server, when applicable."

Which is a parameter from the User Preference, Location tab.

All this things are not really explicit for me. I never see a renew of this type of license by only start QlikView. And I don't understand what is really the QlikView License Lease Server (URL) parameter and how to fill it.

Can somebody explain me this and if there is a possibility to renew automatically and transparently a leasing license without doing an "File / Open in server" ?

Thanks !!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Heddicmi,

I haven't tested this out but you can modify the Default License Lease Server under Settings > User Preferences > Modify. Try it out and see if it resolves your issue.

Not applicable
Author

I'm ok with that, but I don't know what to type for Default License Lease Server ? Only a link to the server, a link with a special port, to a special page ... ?

The documentation is not explicit...

Not applicable
Author

Bump.  Having the same issue.

-DJ

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

if some body know this please tell us.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to put in the FQDN (server name)

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.