Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Highlighted
sandrok15
Contributor

Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Hello!

Odd problem. We have a fairly simple application: 4 tabs, no section access, no macros, no triggers.

Environment: Windows Server 2012, QVS SBE 11.2 SR2, IIS 7.5


When deploying it in QVS and opening it, 3 out of 4 tabs work fine. On the last one we get repeated losses of server connection. Like: Connection is lost, it reconnects. 1 second later: connection is lost, it reconnects.

I switched through the tabs several times (within the one second when the connection was there) and it repeatedly only failed on that one tab.

Do you guys have ANY idea what to look for?

Regards,

Sandro

12 Replies
marcus_malinow
Valued Contributor III

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

I'd be looking for an object on the tab that uses a large amount of memory

SunilChauhan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

assuming you are opening from access point and in ajax mode.

add your URL to trusted site.

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

You can even try by adding objects one by one.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Partner
Partner

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Hi Sandro,

Are you using IE plugin or AJAX?

Might be a triggered Macro, OnOpen triggers or similar, also advanced conditional show on that tab. If that tab is doing a lot of calculation when being viewed, could be that the server runs out of resources.

Regards,

Erik

sandrok15
Contributor

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

hello marcus!

i have checked usage according to this article.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/01/28/memory-statistics

The biggest diagram consumes about 0,112 MB, the biggest table overall about 137 MB.

Overall it's very responsive in the desktop application though

sandrok15
Contributor

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Hello Erik!

There are no macros or triggers at all and only the simplest of visibility conditions (like "var = 1 simple")

Thanks!

Sandro

Partner
Partner

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Hello Sandro,

I suggest you open a support case, and attach a sample document to the case. An investigation on what would cause this can then be opened.

Regards,

Erik

sandrok15
Contributor

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Hello!

That was a good strategy to follow. I could give you the whole investigation protocoll, but I'll spare you that.

Right now it looks like that it is an encoding issue (or something related to characters in the field values). The characters aren't visible in QlikView, they do show when investigating the content via the Table viewer (Ctrl + T) though.

Regarding that field with the values, it happens if:

- when a listbox with that field is added (even if the field value is not scrolled into view)

- when a straight table with that field is added (even if the field value is not scrolled into view)

- when a pivot table with that field is added (even, if the field value is not scrolled into view, but NOT when the field with that value is collapsed)

I stopped there. The obvious solution will be to clean the data, but I find that to be a quite a violent reaction to an incorrect character.

I'll give more details as soon as I have them. Also will check the release notes of SR3, SR4 and SR5. If nothing seems to have been corrected there, a bug report seems to be in order

Thanks guys!

sandrok15
Contributor

Re: Repeated connection losses on one tab only

Thanks, but didn't get around to trying that. Issue seems to be found