Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SHARED file

Hi,

My virtual test server is broken so I can't test this...

A client have a test server with a QlikView document they want to move to the production server after testing. Unfortunately hte super users are allowed to create objects on the test server so I need to move those as well.

Is it possible when movin a .qvw file to move it's SHARED file as well and maintain all user objects?

Best regards

Torbjörn Ungvall (@Ungvall)

Senior Business Discovery Manager @ Advectas AB

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Torbjörn,

In principle, you should be able to copy the whole file with QVW, QVD, SHARED and META files and they should work just fine, as long as the same exact name of users and licenses are assigned in the new server. Anyway, I'd recommend you to stop all services, copy the folder, then restart services and check in the QMC if the server objects are kept.

Do first moving only one test file to make sure that will work.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Torbjörn,

In principle, you should be able to copy the whole file with QVW, QVD, SHARED and META files and they should work just fine, as long as the same exact name of users and licenses are assigned in the new server. Anyway, I'd recommend you to stop all services, copy the folder, then restart services and check in the QMC if the server objects are kept.

Do first moving only one test file to make sure that will work.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

So in other words - there's now possible solution to merge to .SHARED files when moving a .qvw from a test server to a prod sever.

Unfortunately the super users at client creates user objects in both test and prod environment...

Best regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'm afraid there's not, which to some extent makes sense to me (dev may or may not be real data and prod is real data). Anyway, let's see if using the QlikView Power Tools we can move on, but I don't think so.

Regards.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Ok - ther should be an output feature of Qv Server Object Connector. Combine two different .SHARED files and export to a new .SHARED file.

Something for the wish list maybe...

Best regards