Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Schedule reload with.bat

Hello everyone,

Because I have some trouble with scheduled reload on QMC, i would like to schedule a reload with a bat file (and then using Windows task sheduler).

The thing is I have dependant tasks. 4 applications must be reloaded one after another.

So far, I have just writen

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "\\blabla\App_1.qvw"

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "\\blabla\App_2.qvw"

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "\\blabla\App_3.qvw"

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "\\blabla\App_4.qvw"

But even if one fails, the following one are reloaded and I don't want that.

How can I specify that I want to stop the execution of the bat file  if one task fails ?

Thanks for your help

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo,

You mean create a special application to reload the 4 other ones ?

If so, how do I write in the script "reload" app1 ?

And then I guess I don't need a variable with a status because a Qlikview reload always stops when an there is an error ?

Thanks

marcus_sommer

If the update-logic per server worked fine unless proper mails for failure/success it could be an alternativelly to use this functionality and take a second independent batch-line which checks the updates (filetime) and send the mails.

Then all methods have disadvantages and require a lot of effort to recognize and handle them, for example my preferred method with open + reload per vbs in a batch-qvw will stop by any error and hang if a ftp-server or a database didn't response. All error-methods to handle these cases didn't work well so that I really need a second etl-line which checked the first line and closed them by any error/timeout and started the first line again by skipping the previous update-tasks. For me it was too much effort and so I live with some shortcomings ...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hello everyone,

I have managed to do it using Erica's solution :

EG:

Rem *** Check the logfile for errors by doing a string search
type "BatchExample_loading.qvw.log" | findstr /I /C:"Error:"

Rem ***if the text "Error" is found, output to a file, othrwise some other action
if %errorlevel%==0 (
echo %date% %time% Error occurred - Log lines found are: >ErrorDetails.txt
type "BatchExample_loading.qvw.log" | findstr /I /C:"Error:">>ErrorDetails.txt

) else (

[another action!]

Now I face another problem. I have tested it with an application which fails.  The thing is with my .bat, Qlikview opens up and performs the reload and when there is an error in the script, a pop up appears  (for example : table not found) and then, I have to manually click on "Ok" so the batch can continue... Otherwise, it stays like this..

And if I have a sheduled task at 01:00 that fails and another task at 02:00, the second one cannot start because the first one is "blocked"  (and the app1 is opened).

What can I do about that ?

thanks again for your help

Not applicable
Author

Hi Laura

Set the system variable  errormode to 0 in the script in your QVW

ErrorMode = 0;

This will continue the script if an error is found wihtout having to click on any dialogues.

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Erica !

I have another problem. I cannot find the proper syntax for the if, else ....

I have :

if %errorlevel%==0 (

Code to send email

)

else

([

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "Referentiel\Referentiel_MAITRE.qvw"

])

If my first application fails, I receive an email and then the batch stops so it's okay.

But if my first application doesn't fail, I don't receive an email (which is ok) but  the second application (in the else) doesn't start reloading...

I have also tried :

if %errorlevel%==0 ; then

Code_email

else

"C:\\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "\Referentiel\Referentiel_MAITRE.qvw"

fi

This time the second app starts but I always receive an email (even if there is no error in the first app)

Does someone see what's wrong in my piece of code ?

Thanks again.

Laura

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think the last part of your code should look like this:

if %errorlevel%==0 (

Code to send email

) else (

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "Referentiel\Referentiel_MAITRE.qvw"

)

Note the line breaks with the else statement

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein