Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Second Domain

Hi,

I've tried to set up a second domain on a server by following the these steps -

QEMC-> System ->Directory Service connectors -> Active Directory -> Click on the + button.

A new line will come -> Here do the setting for another AD and click on Apply.

However, i then receive the following message -

In the new line for the additional AD please add “The application needs to support dual LDAP and authentication i.e. it needs to be able to connect to both the HGS and UHB forests, using the Windows trust in place, so that HGS staff who are still on the HGS domain can use this application, in addition to supporting HGS staff who reside within the UHB forest (who were migrated into this Active Directory) can use this application as well”.

What does this mean and how do I resolve it?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I am not familiar with the message that you received, I assume this has been written to you by your internal IT / networking team?

As far as QlikView and multiple domains is concerned, this may be of interest to you: Is it possible to set up multiple Active Directory domains within one QlikView Server?

In short, it is possible to add a second Active Directory from which end users may be connecting from. But you will need to have a full trust set up between the domains and a user account available to set this up with that has permissions to lookup users and groups on both domains.

If you need assistance with setting up full trust between the domains or are not familiar with what this is, please contact your local active directory administrator or review the Microsoft KB.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

I've tried to set up a second domain on a server by following the these steps -

QEMC-> System ->Directory Service connectors -> Active Directory -> Click on the + button.

A new line will come -> Here do the setting for another AD and click on Apply.

However, i then receive the following message -

In the new line for the additional AD please add “The application needs to support dual LDAP and authentication i.e. it needs to be able to connect to both the HGS and UHB forests, using the Windows trust in place, so that HGS staff who are still on the HGS domain can use this application, in addition to supporting HGS staff who reside within the UHB forest (who were migrated into this Active Directory) can use this application as well”.

What does this mean and how do I resolve it?

Thanks

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

I am not familiar with the message that you received, I assume this has been written to you by your internal IT / networking team?

As far as QlikView and multiple domains is concerned, this may be of interest to you: Is it possible to set up multiple Active Directory domains within one QlikView Server?

In short, it is possible to add a second Active Directory from which end users may be connecting from. But you will need to have a full trust set up between the domains and a user account available to set this up with that has permissions to lookup users and groups on both domains.

If you need assistance with setting up full trust between the domains or are not familiar with what this is, please contact your local active directory administrator or review the Microsoft KB.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

thank you, that's very helpful