Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Server Object Pane - Sorting Objects

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to sort 'My Objects' in the Server Objects Pane? I know you can sort/group 'Shared Objects' by Type, Owner, and Date... but I don't see any sorting options for 'My Objects'? 

Thanks,

Ben

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ben,

Unfortunately, you are correct, there is no means to sort things in that view, so what I would recommend doing if you can, open a Support Case with us and let us know you have an enhancement request, and we can tie your case to the request, and this one is actually not a bad one, but one thing to consider is whether it would be better to be able to sort things, or if a search feature would be more useful instead.  I can see use case for both here, but I am not sure which one would have higher priority, so provide a preference on that too if you can, so we can give R&D some options as well.  No promises anything will happen, but we can at least get it on the radar.

Actually, I am going to go ahead and put this in now, but if you can submit the case, then it can be attached to the existing Idea.  The title is: QlikView Management Console Documents\User Documents\Server\Server Objects sort/search feature.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.