cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server installation best practices

Hi,

I've got a task to deploy Qlikview Server. What I want to know is;

1) What's the recommmended disk configuration? I've got a 300gb RAID1 system disk (c:\) and a 2.5tb RAID1 data disk (d:\). I could make the data disk (d:\) RAID5 is neccessary.

and

2) Do I install QlikView to c:\ and use d:\ for certain files, which I would configure within Qlikview or install the entire thing on d:\?

Just read the that AMDs are no good as well! I've got 4x16 cores in here!

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mike

************************************************************************************************

C:\     300      GBytes RAID 1 is perfect

Put all your software on that, Windows OS, Qlikview, Database Clients etc............

************************************************************************************************

C:\     2.5     TBytes RAID 1 is perfect

Put it across sufficient disc spindles

Put all your QV data files, qvw's, qvd's etc..., on this

Do not undestimate RAM requirements & avoid any swap file usage.

For AMD questions, I am not suitably experienced to answer

I can bore people senseless with details & reasoning - but feel free to ask about any details.

Best Regards,  Bill Markham

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mike

C:\     300      GBytes RAID 1 is perfect

Put all your software on that, Windows OS, Qlikview, Database Clients etc............

C:\     2.5     TBytes RAID 1 is perfect

Put it across sufficient disc spindles

Put all your QV data files, qvw's, qvd's etc..., on this

Do not undestimate RAM requirements & avoid any swap file usage.

For AMD questions, I am not suitably experienced to answer

I can bore people senseless with details & reasoning - but feel free to ask about any details.

Best Regards,  Bill Markham

Not applicable
Author

We tend to split things up on Application Servers. 

OS C:  100 gig

Data 😧 1.5 tb

This allows us to install QlikView on the D drive and also create a QV Data Folder on the D drive to host our QVD's, QVW's and also our Log files and such.  You just need to make sure you have enough disk space if you are going to put everything on C. 

We have run both AMD and Intel.  Mulitple Cores is the key and as Bill said do not underestimate Memory and Processors.  QV loves both.