Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Session Lost

Hello everyone,

The users who look at an application from access point sometimes get the problem : Session lost

It mostly happens at night (and my applications are reloaded during the night, i don't know if it's correlated ?)

It never happens to me so I don't really know what to look for..

I read some threads about the parameters in Document > Server > Performance  but I didn't specify anything there.

What's wrong ?How could I solve that ?

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day. 

Laura

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The issue could be that after the document is reloaded, QVS will reload the document in memory. If you don't have the document setup to gracefully refresh the users will be disconnected.

This setting is a document setting and is per document. There are three options and the best one to use is the last one "Server performs refresh automatically without client action".  See the below. If you need more information on this just hit the help button.

bb.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Bill,

I had a similar problem and when I done a restart of the server the problem was solved.

Not sure why though......

Regards

Alan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Alan,

Yes, restarting the server can clear the memory and remove the load off the server. I would check the performance of the server. The System Monitoring Tool or the Governance Dashboard would be good for this.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.