Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Steps to restore Repository from Backup

Hi All,

I would like to know the steps involved to restore xml based back up respositorty from server. and i believe it only restores QVPR folder?

Thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can someone please help here

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you do a backup of the QVPR it will only capture the XLM files(using the QlikView Backup) . To do a restore I would stop all the QV services and then delete the current files. Open one of the backup zip files and copy all the xlm files into the QVPR directory.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

So whole QVPR folder should be deleted and paste umzipped xml files?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Delete the files that are in the QVPR directory and then copy the files from the backup to the folder.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

DO NOT delete the hole qvpr folder, then you will delete your backup´s as well(if they are not stored in an optional path)

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct if you are backing up to the QVPR directory. However, I would not recommend this, because if you lose the HD you also lose your backups.

Bill