Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight table losing sort order when accessed through browser

Right.... this is really bugging me now

Have a straight table which I have sorted A-Z by 2 dimensions, which I've bumped up to the top of the sort priority list, I'm not using any expressions to sort them just the text A-Z ascending selection.  When I have it open using the client version the sort is as I wish. However when I open the same document through the web browser (internet explorer, we're using QV10 SR2 btw) it opens sorted by another different column (a calculated dimension that is third in the sort order... that it used be sorted by when the table was first created), it even has an arrow at the top of this column indicating the sort. I've tried deleting the qvw and re saving it, same thing happens. Not cleared the cache or anything yet... will try that tomorrow. I've also cleared down the meta and shared files for the qvw. No luck.

Anyone come across this before?

Next  steps tomorrow wil be to delete and recreate the stubborn column.

Then if this doesnt work recreate the table from scratch. Which will be a pain in the bum as it's got a lot of expressions in it!

1 Reply
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If you are using the IE Plugin, you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.