Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Structure of a QV_app - how to properly display it?

Hi,

there is this button "export structure" on the "sheets" tab of the document_properties_dialog

=> How do I have to open this so that it can be properly viewed, with the separators and all?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Go to excel.

Choose Data, Import from Text. Select Show All files at the bottom right and then double click on the file you exported. Import the file with a tab delimeter.

You will then get the following result.

Regards,

Marius

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi DataNibbler,

Import it into Excel as a tab delimeted file.

Regards,
Marius

Not applicable

Go to excel.

Choose Data, Import from Text. Select Show All files at the bottom right and then double click on the file you exported. Import the file with a tab delimeter.

You will then get the following result.

Regards,

Marius

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The files contain tab separated data. You could use a spreadsheet program like MS-Excel to open it. Or load the data into a qlikview document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marius,

that is cool! Thanks!

I was actually only looking at this as a way of getting a quick listing of all the objects on a sheet - the thought is, when I want to copy any KPI from one app to another, copying the script_tab is easy, but there might be 5 or 6 charts one over another, with variables governing visibility, so I need some kind of listing in order not to overlook anything.

That structure_listing, however, is also a great (very easy) way of learning how "calculation_intensive"  certain charts are and if it's worthwhile having a closer look at them.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Sure thing.

In this export you will however see what you are looking for. All objects. And a status to show if its visible or not visible.

Yeah, I agree with you. Its an awesome little functionality.

Regards,
Marius

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Right - the easiest tool to properly do a job is usually the one to choose, particularly when time is rare ... sometimes, however, people miss the word "properly" out of this sentence, which makes things a bit difficult...