Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Timeouts on accesspoint

Hello,

When i have a dashboard on a big screen from accesspoint after 20minuts or so we get timeouts.

Is it possible to avoid this? I have tried all timeout settings, and it seems like nothing helps?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Thomas,

Both of these answers are correct. The IIS timeout is set under the Application Pool.

timeout.png

The session log will give a hint as to which one is causing the issue. If the connection is closed by server then it is the server setting.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The default Session timeout is 1800 seconds / 30 min, so this will most likely the issue here. You can change it in the QMC under System -> QVS  -> Performance

Not applicable
Author

Its already set to 7200 seconds

mls
Former Employee
Former Employee

It sounds like there must be another timeout that interrupts the session before 7200.

Are you using IIS or QlikView Web Server? IIS has its own session timeout value, could be that is currently set to 20 min.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Thomas,

Both of these answers are correct. The IIS timeout is set under the Application Pool.

timeout.png

The session log will give a hint as to which one is causing the issue. If the connection is closed by server then it is the server setting.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Did you check the settings at following path:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml

In this config file, change the timeout here:

<QvsTimeout>600</QvsTimeout>

Hope this will help.

Apurva

Not applicable
Author

Bill - I cannot set idle time to 7200 for example - it has a maximum

Not applicable
Author

bill - it was already set to 200 minuts. i have now set it to 999

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Apurva,

The setting <QvsTimeout>600</QvsTimeout> doesn't deal with session timeout.

Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Thomas,

What is the reload schedule of this document? If you don't have refresh mode setup correctly a reload will cause a session disconnect.

bbbbb.png

Bill