Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trying to get QlikView Server 11 configured to use IIS 7

Hello,

I’ve read many of the discussions in the Community and have tried the suggestions that seemed applicable, but after two days I’m still not able to get QlikView Server configured to use IIS 7 on my Windows 7 laptop.  My ultimate goal is to create a local environment where I can learn Workbench, but what I need help with right now is to set up a QVS that uses IIS.

Here’s what I did so far:

• Enabled IIS and registered ASP.NET 4.0. 
  • Verified that IIS is running by browsing to http://localhost.
  • Defined a service account as member of the Local Administrators and QlikView Administrators Groups.  
  • Executed the QlikView Server Version 11 SR1 (build 11282) installation file QlikViewServer_X64Setup.exe and chose Full Installation, Single machine with IIS. 

The following QV services are running:

QlikviewDirectoryServiceConnector

QlikViewDistributionService

QlikviewManagementService

QlikviewServer

QlikViewSettingsService

My local QlikView Management Console opens up ok in my browser.  When I try to browse to the QlikView virtual directory in IIS, I get a “loading content” message but nothing else.  When I try to browse to the QvAjaxZfc virtual directory in IIS, I get a “Service Unavailable” message.

I have a “QlikView IIS” application pool which is set to .NET 4.0 and is tied to my service account via the
Identity property.  One thing that seems funny is that this application pool is often in “Stopped” status – I start it,
check to see if the Access Point is working (it’s not), do some more research, and when I come back to look the “QlikView IIS” application pool, it’s stopped again.  Is this normal, or is this an indication of the problem?

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Here's a warning I was getting in the System Event Log.  It turns out that my problem was due to a local policy on my computer that disallows logon as a batch.  Thanks. 
The identity of application pool QlikView IIS is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request.  If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Make sure the Windows Integrated Security IIS feature is enabled.

Not applicable
Author

I don't see a Windows Integrated Security option in IIS.  I have Windows Authentication enabled.

Untitled.png

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Ok, yes, that's the one. Do you have any errors in the event viewer?

If the app pool stops it's probably because the password in the identity is wrong, you should re enter that.

Not applicable
Author

Here's a warning I was getting in the System Event Log.  It turns out that my problem was due to a local policy on my computer that disallows logon as a batch.  Thanks. 
The identity of application pool QlikView IIS is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request.  If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.
Not applicable
Author

hi, can i get full installation with qlik view trial version? why because i just want to do some experiments in my local system before working on client machine....