I recently performed a migration of a QV10 server from a Windows Server 2003 machine to a new Windows Server 2008 machine. The QVPR was migrated and I made all other necessary configuration changes manually through the QEMC. All seems to work as expected except for assigned user CALs. All of the assigned doc CAL information appears to have been migrated but there are no assigned user CALs listed under the Assigned CALs in QEMC although there are 500 user CALs in the server license. Does anyone know what steps need to be taken (files to migrate etc.) to get the assigned user CAL information over to the new server?
I have just tested this and it appears to work. However, you have to be using the Same License Number and can't be using the local directory.
Go to your old server and look in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer in 2008 server. Copy all the PGO files and the Full.dat. Shutdown the server (can't use license on two servers).
On new server license QVS and once it is license stop QlikView server. Now copy the above saved files to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and then look in the Root Folder and replace the PGO files that are their (should be only a couple). Restart the QlikView server and then check the licensing in the QEMC.
This should work, but if it doesn't you have only lost a little time. If it does you have saved a lot of time.