Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to use "send to excel" or "export" features to work with AJAX client in either IE 8 or Firefox 3.6

I am unable to get the "export to excel" or "export" features to work with IE 8 or Firefox 3.6. In Firefox, I receive the following error "Can't open 'http://my.server.com/QvPrint/c91415b29de2475fad317c4ec49dfb1f.xls' due to error: undefined". If I cut and paste the link into a browser window, I am able to access the document. I can use both features with Chrome. I am running Windows 7 OS and our QV server is 9SR6 on W2K3. There have been some variations of this question asked in the past, but I have been unable to locate an answer for this specific problem.

Thanks in advance,

Bill Frederick

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried the IE plugin for IE8? I have users that have varying errors without the plugin.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. We're having no issues with the plugin. In fact, we're trying to move away from that deployment model due to the number of customers not using Windows or IE as their primary computing platform.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm facing the same problem in FF 15.0. Any insight into a solution would be much appreciated.

Matt