Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terry_kim1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unknown LOAD statment error on QMC, Load from FTP

Hi Team,

I have a data file I need to load from FTP. When I reload the script it runs fine but when QMC reloads it, it seems to cause: Error: Unknown LOAD statment error

I'm not sure if it is caused by the FTP? My script looks like below:

SET ftp = 'ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@FTP_HOST';

SET datafile = 'Filename';

SET ext = '.csv';

SET typCSV = "(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', no quotes)";

FROM
$(ftp)$(datafile)$(ext)
$(typCSV);

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Terry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

You can try to start session in the server with the same user than runs the QV services and execute the script there, this is to check if that user or computer has any limitation, like a firewall, antivirus...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I see 2 things to include:

SET ftp = 'ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@FTP_HOST/';

SET datafile = 'Filename';

SET ext = '.csv';

SET typCSV = "(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', no quotes)";

LOAD *

FROM
$(ftp)$(datafile)$(ext)
$(typCSV);

Also you can try to use the wizard, and once it works replace each part with variables:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005596

terry_kim1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin 

Thanks for your response. The script I posted above were just snippets from my script and the 'LOAD' is already included. 

The script runs fine when I reload it but error occurs when it is loaded by QMC which is the issue...

Kind Regards,

Terry

rubenmarin

You can try to start session in the server with the same user than runs the QV services and execute the script there, this is to check if that user or computer has any limitation, like a firewall, antivirus...