Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgradation from SBE to enterprise edition

Hi,

Please could anyone can guide me on the below things .

We have qlikview license for Small business edition and now we have got the license for Enterprise edition . I need to update it .

What are the steps that needs to be done .

Now I have only Named CALs.

Will my Documents CALS will be lost  and I need to reassign them.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Medha

6 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Apply the license key and control number (and possibly the LEF if your server is not connected to the internet), click apply, wait for it to restart the server service (it will do so itself).... tada, you are done.

Yes, it is that easy. Don't you just love QlikView?

No, nothing will change or be lost. No, you do not need to install anything new.

Hint:

Do this outside of office hours as it will kill all current sessions.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Oh great is it that simple . just updating the key

Now I will have only Named Cals .

Will my Documents Cals assigned in SBE will be lost ?

or do I need to reassign then to named CAls.

Thanks a ton for  a quick reply.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

That is an interesting question!

I honestly do not know, but I would expect them to be lost indeed. I mean, if your license no longer supports them it would be weird if you would be allowed to keep using them.

I hope someone with more expertise on this subject will jump in .

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you 🙂

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Document CAL assignments will disappear. All Document CAL assignment tabs will disappear as well, so you cannot even "unassign" them anymore or check who had a document CAL in the first place. (Maybe you should make a CAL assignment list before reapplying the Server license. Or put aside a copy of CalData.pgo.xml as an assignment list for future reference.)

BTW that's not too bad, because assigning a Named CAL to users that once had one or more document CALs will give them access to all documents in one stroke. However, that may be a real issue: you may have to rethink your document access policy (and security) because access-management-by-Document-CAL will be gone...

Good luck,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks A lot Peter . Got your point .

I completely understand that once we have Named User Cal then security would be issue .

We are planning to Place the documents in different folder(mount folders) and give access accordingly .

I hope that should help