Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade 12.1 to April 2020

Hi Experts

I have few question on upgrade. 

• Should we upgrade from 12.1 to April 2019 SR3 (which was release in Feb 2020) or
  • Should we upgrade to April 2020. 

Pros and cons between 2 version, any major bugs. 

Upgrade Process:

• What should we look out for. 
  • Do we have to do any interim upgrade to a version for going from 12.1 --> 12.5?
  • Any major issues people faced?
  • Any pointers is appreciated. 

Thanks 

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hey!

You could check out our Upgrade Guide here: New QlikView Upgrade Guide Available

It covers:

• Detailed preparation steps to follow before the upgrade including what to back up
  • Information about QlikView related files and how they are affected by the upgrade
  • A step-by-step upgrade example

As for your question on what version to upgrade to - I would recommend looking at the Release Notes for both versions you are looking at. An interim step is not necessary. 

Hope this helps some.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You may also want to review the following Techspert Thursday presentation I did regarding migrating QlikView Server/Publisher, some useful tidbits there that may save you some headaches, I think Sonja covered most everything else, the biggest issue is going to be the graphics engine change from GDI+ to Skia I suspect as that is where most folks have run into issues if they do have any, there were some other pretty significant changes too though that may require some further review in some apps etc.  I would be sure you do thorough testing before upgrading production in this case.

Worry Free Migration for QlikView Server/Publisher 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.