Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Usage of QlikView_apps

Hi,

I have the requirement of measuring how intensively (and to what use - how to measure that?) the QlikView_apps we have developed for different teams are being used.

The best approach I have been able to come up with yet is to use one of the power_tools to measure, day by day, which document_CALs (I have assigned one document_CAL to every team_account, for that team's QlikView_app) are used.

Isn't there a power_tool available to manage CAL_usage? I think so. Is there also some How-to or manual?

(I have tried to set up the Governance_Dashboard, but since I'm not familiar with server environments and server_administration, I didn't quite manage that - might also be because I only have access to the most important logs - they are placed on a Share I can access, so I cannot actually access the Server.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you turn on audit logging this would help in finding the answer. You would still need to use the Governance_Dashboard or System monitor to find the answer.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you turn on audit logging this would help in finding the answer. You would still need to use the Governance_Dashboard or System monitor to find the answer.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

many thanks! Audit_logging is kind of tricky, I think it does impact server_performance quite a bit, doesn't it?

Well, I will have to look for some encompassing How-to or so for general admin purposes anyway.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

I'm back once again with this question:

Like I said, Audit_logging is somewhat tricky insofar as it impacts performance on the server and we'll have to discuss that with IT.

As a first step, I'd like to use what is available via the QMC - the usage of the CALs, that is. There is some Power_Tool for this, I think?

That will lead to various imprecisions since we probably won't be able to capture usage of print_out_reports, which are used by some teams.

However, it should be better than nothing.

Can you give me any hints here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler