Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Use Google Analytics to track QlikView Usage

Hello,

I can see many posts about how to get data from Google Analytics but my question is about tracking the usage of QlikView with Google Analytics.

Is it possible to put javascript code for using Google Analytics on a QlikView server ?

I presume it is very easy to put it on the accesspoint code but is it possible to put it elsewhere to track more precise actions or behaviours ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Frédéric, we have our own QlikView application called the Governance Dashboard which tracks in quite a bit of detail the usage of the QlikView environment, so I would recommend having a look at that prior to trying to do something custom here.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/Content/What.htm

The app is available on the download site as well as in market.qlik.com too I believe.

As far as the other side of things, your best bet would be look in this are:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2019/Content/QV_HelpSites/Home-developer.htm

Hopefully this helps you dig into things further.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your answer

I already have an application which uses QlikView log files to track all usages on my server.

Using Google Analytics was an idea to gather the statistics of all our reporting sites (Qlik, Cognos or Business Objects) to the same tool instead of having a specific tool for each one.   

I can easily add a GA Tag in the accesspoint but it's more difficult to set it in the applications.

Thanks anyway