Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User cannot login after changing MS Windows password

Hi all,

here's a curious issue. There is a company that has both QlikView server and access point v.11. It all was running properly. The users are taken from a MS Windows Active Directory and they get CALs. Right.

Therefore, there is a user that someday changed the windows password having a session opened. Since this change she cannot login inside access point. The login page remains stalled (loading document...) and she never really enters.

If I open all the existing logs  there's no information about the attempt to log-in. Therefore, about one hour later I can see that a CAL was dilevered to the user.

From her machine other users can log-in, so it is not a machine issue.

The user can log-in the MS Windows domain.

I have changed the pasword to the initial one, removed all licenses, atc.. and the issue it is still to be fixed.

Could you please help me out??

Kind regards,

JM

18 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Silly question, but have you tried rebooting the user PC?

Not applicable
Author

Of course. At this point the issue happens using the same Windows account in other network machines. I have restarted both the qv server and the web server, the server machine.., I have removed the PGO files, etc.

All the other domain users can access the Access Point perfectly.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I wonder if the web service logs would contain anything (session logs wouldn't since the session doesn't actually start). By default in QV11, the web service log verbosity is set to High (QMC >> System >> QlikView Web Servers >> General). Check to make sure it's set to high in your environment. Then try accessing the AP from the problem machine. Wait for some log entries to appear (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log) and then please post!

The DSC log might also provide something useful. Go to QMC >> System >> Directory Service Connectors >> General, and change the Logging Level to Debug Logging. Post the DSC log entries too (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log).

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

After changing the log settings, those are the generated files.

At 20120519.txt, the line:

19/05/2012 08:24:03.2296275    Information    (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) query: '(&(sAMAccountName=U2411709)(&(!(objectclass=computer))(objectGUID=*))(|(&(objectCategory=group)(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2147483648))(|(objectClass=User)(objectClass=person))))'

is generated for the user U2411709 (the user that has the problem). Therefore, a successfull login using another user named U2498410 did not generate any entry.

It seems that there's a problem between QlikView and Active Directory. Nevertheless, the network guys says that since MS Windows point of view there are no problems.

I wonder if there is some temp file inside QlikView that can fix this by removing it, so force QlikView to manage U2411709 as if it was the first time to login.

Thanks for the effort!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Performance and Event logs aren't really that useful. Please post the DSC and Web Service logs. Please post the full log file for DSC and as much of the web service one as possible (they file size of web service tends to get quite large). The line that you posted above isn't a problem; it's just informational.

Not applicable
Author

As far as I know, Windows Password Key  maybe the good Windows password resetting tool.    So if you failed to reset Windows password, then to unlock your locked machine goes to use a professional Windows password resetting to like Windows Password Key Professional.   You can Google Search Windows Password Key for more details.  You may download it from http://www.lostwindowspassword.com

Not applicable
Author

Dear Gina,

the Windows pwd is not a problem. I can change it if I want and it runs. Maybe your tool can reset it in the OS. Therefore I cannot use a software like this it in a Production Envinronment.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Vlad,

I think that attached all the existing logs. In the attached images (qvDcsLogs.JPG, qvsLogs.JPG, qvwsLogs.JPG) yu can see all the log options that I checked.

The file named 20120521.txt contains the web services logs (or at least this is my belief).

There is an entry related to the issue:

21/05/2012 17:04:39.8788147    Error    Request failed: La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario.

Take notice that "La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario" means something like "The provided key was not found in the dictionary". Do not know if the English message is this but must be seemed.

Something really curious is that after changing the logging settins to increase verbosity I found that the user could work during some minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Josep Maria

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Yes, I'm familiar with that error. See these posts:   http://community.qlik.com/thread/50656  http://community.qlik.com/message/111658   Sounds like some possible QVPR corruption.    Vlad