Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using QV Server 9 not connected to AD (Active Directory)

We have a setup where the users access QlikView server anonymously and the log on using section access in the individual documents. There are certain drawbacks to this:

1. If a user has more than one PC, they use multiple licenses

2. We can't have a customized Accesspoint - all users see all documents even though they can't access them all

3. We can't use AJAX because of licensing issues

I don't see a way of incorporating our company AD, but I am considering a solution where the users are registered as local users on the QV Server and they get prompted for a login when they try to access the Accesspoint.

Is there anyone who has experience with this setup?

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Magnus,

This should not be a problem. Under the QEMC --> System tab, you can expand the Directory Service Connectors tree and make sure that the Local Directory is configured properly. Since AccessPoint uses NTFS security, all you need to do to assign user access to files is give the local users Read & Execute permission on the files that they should see. You can then configure Publisher to do this automatically through Distribution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Question about this:

Do you need Publisher license for this?

I only have a server (QV10) license, but I still want to restrict some users access to some folders, is that possible?

Not applicable
Author

No, I don't think you need it. I have recently upgraded and did this for QV10 without publisher.