Last week we upgraded our QlikView Server from 11.2 SR3 to 11.2 SR12, since that point we have been seeing in our server logs the following warnings.
Warning PGO: Failed to access shared PGO file: \\abc\Administration\Root\QvsRoot\CalData.pgo.
Warning PGO: Failed to open \\abc\Administration\Root\QvsRoot\ServerCounters.pgo. Error : Encountered a sharing violation while accessing \\abc\Administration\Root\QvsRoot\ServerCounters.pgo.. Time: 10780 ms
Warning PGO: Failed to access shared PGO file: \\abc\Administration\Root\QvsRoot\ServerCounters.pgo.
We have a clustered server environment, so the PGO files are in a shared folder that is accessible to all servers. Just a quick note we replaced the 2 servers that were hosting the Distribution service, but the servers that were hosting Qlikview Server, QlikView Distribution Service, QlikView Management Server and IIS didn't change. I have found that on the 3 servers hosting QlikView Server, QlikView Distribution Service there are still PGO files on the local folders in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer, just wondering if for some reason these would be causing issues, or is it possible that my PGO files got corrupted somehow. It doesn't appear that the warning messages happen all day, but typically in the morning.
I have included the PGO warning messages that happened this morning. Just wondering what these messages mean and if there is any fix.
Please contact support to get the latest patch that has fixes for PGO issues.
Do you have any info on the fix? Doesn't appear to be an SR upgrade as I don't see one, unless you mean upgrade to SR12, which we have installed.
Thanks, I will contact them.
It is a patch for 11.20 SR12.
Bill, do you know the build number? Has the patch been integrated into the current SR12 installer that's on the download site? Any negative implications beyond the log entries?
There are a couple of patches for this issue. You will need SR12 and a patch.
Will there be a SR13 soon fixing these issues?
We are looking into updating to SR12 because of the security issue, but having to patch twice is not what my cilent wants.
It is quite a large installation.
SR13 is in the works, but I have not heard a release date yet. If you can wait, I would.