Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

What is Enable Utilization logging ?

Hello,

in System / Qlikview Web Server / General, i have seen a new (at least i think it is new) option : Enable Utilization logging.

I can't find it in the documentation. What is the logs it adds compared to High logging level ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I never used it

This is what I find on the book (I recommend it)  "Qlikview Server and Publisher", Stephen Redmond

"...

You can also turn on utilization logging for the web service, which records the

documents accessed by the web service and the memory configuration. This is most

useful if you have multiple web servers.

...."

"...

We also have the option to Enable Utilization logging, which

will record some additional statistics about the server when opening documents.

..."

View solution in original post

10 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know utilization logging not in this place or elsewhere - meant you maybe audit logging. If yes it logs some user-activities like activating sheets and objects, which selctions was made and so on. The difference between normal and extensive audit logging is in the amount of activities which are logged. Extensive meant nearly everything and will need some extra performance.

- Marcus

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No sorry, it is Utilization logging in the Web Server section.

There is high logging already but now there is also a check box for Utilization logging.. don't know what it is. I have made a ticket to know, let's hope the support will be able to help me and give the documentation up to date

I'm asking questions about 11.2SR9 and i think people have still not seen some of them, and it's not even in the documentation

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I never used it

This is what I find on the book (I recommend it)  "Qlikview Server and Publisher", Stephen Redmond

"...

You can also turn on utilization logging for the web service, which records the

documents accessed by the web service and the memory configuration. This is most

useful if you have multiple web servers.

...."

"...

We also have the option to Enable Utilization logging, which

will record some additional statistics about the server when opening documents.

..."

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, i had never found that !

I will enable it and see if it can be useful, it seems to be interesting

marcus_sommer

Sorry, I haven't read carefully enough This log logged activities on the access point - when and from whom would accessed which application, which js-files / css-files are loaded and many more. Actually I couldn't think of a real use-case unless there are network-problems with timeouts or similar.

- Marcus

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks again, i'll try it

When installing a new version i find old settings that i always think new

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sure it is in the documentation. You only have to look in the right place:

Utilization Logging in QMC.jpg

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems there are two explanations here. Now you're faced with another question... Sorry.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No problem, let's try it !