Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

What is the logic behind the creation of several tasks for a single app in the QMC?

Hello everyone,

I'm analyzing the tasks of the console and I stumbled upon several tasks that are asigned to a single qvw (image 1). I have a hunch that each task in the qvw represents some sort of an OR clause because they are triggered when another task ends and if I put several clauses in a single task then it behaves like some sort of AND (image 2). Am I right?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I know that there perhaps some tasks may be garbage. I didn't create the structure of this console.

(image 1)

Captura1.PNG

(image 2)

Captura2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Triggers are always grouped in an OR relation. If you want an AND relation, look at trigger type 'triggered by multiple events'.

If you want a general example of a logic forcing multiple separate tasks for a single document, consider this:

• Each task allows you to assign a specific name to the User document (or even distribute to different places/servers)
  • Each task allows you to pass a specific parameter value to the document
  • If you want to reload a document twice into one copy containing 10 years of data ("the big one") and another containing only 2 years of data ("the small one"), then create two different tasks for the same document, assign different parameter values and rename the second copy..

From your screenshots, we are unable to deduce why these tasks even exist. They may be historical remnants, although active triggers usually mean that they are still in use. Check the other task tabs for any configuration differences.

Best,

Peter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You might want to ask and find out who created these tasks or why they are created. Usually these are Task Dependent triggers. For example, i want a QVD task to run successfully and then refresh the actual Dashboard. So i create a task dependent on this actual dashboard that gets triggered only when the QVD task is success.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Triggers are always grouped in an OR relation. If you want an AND relation, look at trigger type 'triggered by multiple events'.

If you want a general example of a logic forcing multiple separate tasks for a single document, consider this:

• Each task allows you to assign a specific name to the User document (or even distribute to different places/servers)
  • Each task allows you to pass a specific parameter value to the document
  • If you want to reload a document twice into one copy containing 10 years of data ("the big one") and another containing only 2 years of data ("the small one"), then create two different tasks for the same document, assign different parameter values and rename the second copy..

From your screenshots, we are unable to deduce why these tasks even exist. They may be historical remnants, although active triggers usually mean that they are still in use. Check the other task tabs for any configuration differences.

Best,

Peter.