Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Where are the log files during reload ?

Hello,

In Qlikview 11.2, I'm used to look at the .log generated by a reload during the reload itself : i can see where the process is and I can image how much time remains before the end of the reload.

I'm trying to use Publisher 12.1 now and during a reload I cannot see the .log in the same folder as the source file. It only appears when the reload is ended

Is there a way to look at the in-progress log file ? in which folder is it ?

Is it a new feature of v12 or is it the normal feature of Publisher ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where are the log files during reload ?

For v12.xx and during a reload, log files are kept in a QVB-specific folder and only copied to the correct Distribution Service log folder when the task (somehow) finishes.

During reloads, have a look in: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

The story appears to be that Qlik reorganised log file generation to get better reload performance.

[Edit] Sorry. Spelling mistakes made my post almost incomprehensible. Corrected (I hope)

4 Replies

Try to look to the logs from the task itself. The document-log should be there too with a path similar to this one:

\\YourServer\D\QlikViewServer\ProgramData\DistributionService\1\Log

- Marcus

For v12.xx and during a reload, log files are kept in a QVB-specific folder and only copied to the correct Distribution Service log folder when the task (somehow) finishes.

During reloads, have a look in: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

The story appears to be that Qlik reorganised log file generation to get better reload performance.

[Edit] Sorry. Spelling mistakes made my post almost incomprehensible. Corrected (I hope)

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

thanks for your answer

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Thanks Marcus but it is the log of the task, not the log of the reload

thanks anyway, we have all links available now with Peter's answer